Thursday 30 June 2016

Q2 Finish-A-Long 2016 Finishes



2016 FAL


Q2 Finish-A-Long 2016 Proposed Finishes  here

I managed to get one quilt finished.  I signed up for a lot of QALs and have done a lot of sewing but not much finishing.

I finished Tied up in Chains.  This was a mystery quilt pattern designed by Ingrid Machtemes - Owner - Quiltessential Co.St. Albert, Alberta.

Started in 2014 and finished in 2016.  The top was finished for two years but not quilted.

See the original blog post here

Binding preparation:

I did a two colour binding to give a break from the border.

This quilt was given to Grace at the show held by the coffee ladies.  Grace is a very lovely young lady who is getting married in July.  She is the live in care giver to a neighbour.  The idea of a shower was emailed around and I suggested to the coffee group that if they paid for the quilting, I would provide the quilt top, batting and backing.  They agreed and I took the quilt to my longarmer.  

Here are a couple of pictures of Grace with her quilt.


Love the smile.  She was so very pleased and so was I.  It's a great feeling when your work is truly appreciated.

Tied up in Chains, lol.

The coffee ladies or as one member calls us.  "The Coffee Posse"

Linking up with Leanne here

I just noticed that there is no way to post comments.  I upgraded to Windows 10 - mistake.

Please email any comments to:  ioleen.kimmel@gmail.com

Thank you and hopefully I can fix this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment