Sunday 3 April 2016

March One Block Wonder

Here is my March block.

I used fabric from the bundle I won in December.  Colour Weave by P & B Textiles is wonderful to work with.  The colours are beautiful. Picture does not do this fabric justice.  Sorry!!!

I am going to finish this with a 2 inch white border and the binding will be made using all colours in the blocks.  I will do the binding using a 1 1/2" (all colours) and a 1 3/4" black so that the black will show as a small piping.  I love using this method of binding.  You sew it to the back of the quilt and stitch in the ditch between the accent fabric (black) and the main fabric (all colours).  This is a quick and easy finish.  It does take a bit of time to make the binding but no hand sewing so that is a time saver.

I am thinking that the hint of black against the white will turn out amazing.

Linking up with Sandy here


No comments:

Post a Comment